Thursday, September 02, 2004

Ice-breaker...

Was reading a journal of mine from 1997, quite an interesting experience, and as I did this I came accross comments relating to dinner parties, and the question I am going to pose is this - You're arranging a dinner party, you can have any five guests to come (living or dead, real or fictional). Who would these five be and why?

For my list:

Paul.
I've always like his letters. Finding in him a great love for his brothers and sisters in Christ.

Bono
Because he is a fascinating man. Listening to some of his comments from various stages around the world, and reading the lyrics he writes with his band mates, it seems to me he is more intelligent than he lets on.

Robin Williams
if only to lighten the mood..

Chris Carter
While Chris was in my original list, I think now I'd be more likely to pick Aaron Sorokin, creator of The West Wing.

Rebecca St. James / Nichole Nordeman
I am a fan of their music. I think in the case of both these people their music is secondary to their witness for Christ. I admire the ministry of Rebecca. Partly because of spending time 'moderating' the chatroom, and Forum board I've seen it first hand.

+ As always, this list is subject to change. The first two are fairly automatic picks. Others that I'd like to include would be CS Lewis, Keith Green and the first time I did this list, I had Adolf Hitler in there as well.

Over to you dear readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment