Tuesday, January 11, 2005

One week on …

Well, its been a week since I’ve last posted. I’ve not really been up to too much since I last posted. I’ve now been back at work for a week. There is a degree of joy in returning to work. I spent Monday at the cricket, which was fun. The crowd was a touch rowdy, but it was good to spend some time with N, from Wollongong.

Since then, I enjoyed trivia on Tuesday night at one of the local pubs; Thursday night, it was movie night at my flat and we watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind – beautiful film. Then I watched Pieces of April, and I also found that a moving film.

Today, I joined the local library. I borrowed The Martian Child, by David Gerrold. My brother is to be credited with this, as he has oft pointed me to Gerrold’s blog which has provided an insightful read at times. As did this book, its loosely based around his experiences in adopting a son as a single father. It is a moving story. I also borrowed another two books, one by Ravi Zacharias (A Shadow in Light of Jihad written after 9-11), and the other one about the history of the Australian Church.

Both should be very interesting reads, the latter providing some background for me as I think about looking at the decline of the church since 1971. The book details the influence of the Church on Australian History. The second edition was published in 2002, so it should be reasonably up to date, and the chapter on church and government will make interesting reading.

Oh, and its back to the pub tonight, for more Trivia.

No comments:

Post a Comment