Thursday, October 26, 2006

Kids…

Was down in Wollongong (a while ago now) and my mother drew my attention to an article in the Good Weekend; based on an excerpt from the book Adult themes: rewriting the rules of adulthood (Kate Crawford). The article talked about attitudes to the cultural landscape around us. It was quite a fascinating read, and I am now quite looking forward to reading the book.

Staying on culture a little longer, I am quite fond of the modern adaptions of Shakespeare’s plays, even if they have their flaws. I’m looking forward to watching Shakespeare Retold (Modern interpretations of four Shakespearian plays produced by the BBC). I saw one (Much ado about Nothing) while I was in the UK last year and really enjoyed it. From memory it will be on our ABC this year too, it is worth keeping an eye out for.

No comments:

Post a Comment