Friday, November 10, 2006

30 Years, 11 Albums ... 18 songs

After almost 9 years U2 are back are on our shores with the Vertigo tour, and by now have played their first show (No - I don’t want to know anything about it).

It seems quite amazing that it is almost a year ago that I saw them in Miami and New York. It is going to be interesting seeing how the indoor show is changed for the stadium show on this leg. One things for sure, there will be surprises (and perhaps a few songs from All that You Can't Leave Behind). I am going to post reviews of the three shows (Sydney 11.11; and the two I saw last year).

I’ve found it quite interesting reading about the U2 Definitive collection to be released on Nov 18. Its not likely the tracklist will keep everyone happy, but I am saddened that no songs from October, Zooropa and Pop made it.

For the record, here's a collection of songs that I would use to introduce someone to U2, while staying away from the 'hits'. (Note, the listing probably doesn't flow or fit on a standard cd..)

1. Out of Control
2. Gloria
3. Sunday Bloody Sunday (Acoustic)
4. Drowning Man
5. The Unforgettable Fire
6. Bad
7. One Tree Hill
8. All I Want is You
9. So Cruel
10. Love is Blindness
11. The First Time
12. Miss Sarajevo
13. Please / Where the Streets Have No Name (Live)
14. Staring at the Sun (Live, Acoustic)
15. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
16. When I Look at the World
17. Crumbs From Your Table

No comments:

Post a Comment