Sunday, May 27, 2007

How to describe yourself using only the power of music?

Courtesy of: Wednesday Mix-Tape: In Five Songs Or Less.

We are the Beggars at the Foot of God’s DoorThe Normals
And somehow we're made royalty with You,
Oh we of little faith, Oh You of stubborn grace
I find that the lyric of the song captures the reality of the Christian experience, and it is a reminder that it is only by grace that we’re saved.

I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking ForU2
I often think of this as a song of faith, not doubt. The restlessness of the words and the music, sit well with experience of the Christian, straining and striving to become more like Christ; longing for more people to know Christ's love, and yearning for the day when creation is restored, and there will be no more tears or sorrow.

Pokarekare AnaHayley Westenra
I am a New Zealander; I particularly love the country, its history and culture, and while I don’t think I’m likely to move back to New Zealand, I am quite ‘proud’ of NZ. Pokarekare Ana is a traditional Maori song, with beautiful words.

Light Gives HeatJars of Clay
I have been thinking about my choices for the list, and I wanted to include a song with perhaps more of a political tone. The song I've chosen is Light Gives Heat (by Jars of Clay). Jars of Clay established Blood:Water Mission, which is reaching out to those who are suffering from HIV-AIDS in Africa. Speaking personally, I believe there is much more I, perhaps, we can do here.

Travel
I saw these two pieces during the week which intrigued me.

League of top tourists.

I’ll be quite interested when the final list of the New Seven Wonders of the World is decided (does anyone know of the 7 Wonders of the Natural World).

No comments:

Post a Comment