Friday, January 29, 2010

Reading..

So one of the joys after having moved north is that I now have a 60 (or so) minute trip into work. Combinig this with the wonderful local library has done wonders for my reading. I've been trying to read a good mix of fiction and non-fiction books. So far in 2010 I've read:

:: Stephen Carroll - The Lost Life; The Time We Have Taken; The Art of the Engine Driver; The Gift of Speed and The Lover's Room.

:: Sam Harris - The End of Faith.

:: Tim Keller - The Reason for God

:: Tom Frame - Losing my Religion - Unbelief in Australia

:: Ted Kennedy - True Compass.

:: Alister McGrath - The Dawkins Delusion.

:: Jasper Fforde - The Eyre Affair.

:: Jacqueline Kent - The Making of Julia Gillard

:: Orson Scott Card - Magic Street

:: Currently: I'm reading Jonthan Freeman's Shrinking the world and Paul Kelly's The March of the Patriots.

I'm heading back to the library soon, so any suggestions of what to read next?

++

briefly on the tennis. While I would stop short of calling Federer a hero, there is something in this artilcle.. (comparing him with other freakishley talented sports-people such as Warne and Tiger). There was something refreshing in the way he answered Jim Courier's questions following his quarter
final and semi final wins. I'm looking forward to the final on Sunday
night.

4 comments:

  1. Wow!

    I just finished Leviathan, Or The Whale by Philip Hoare, and I liked it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks - will have to check it out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. It's about success and it's absolutely fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Karen. I've got his book Tipping Point which I've been meaning to look into..

    ReplyDelete