Saturday, February 12, 2011

more on connecting ...

I looked at Andrew Leigh's book on social capital again this morning, and he makes about trying to increase our social capital are: reclaiming the footpath by saying hello to people as you walk down the street; using your local stores; donating time (and/or money); using social media to supplement (not replace) connections; reviving organisations you are part of; writing to politicians; breaking bread with each other; and to trying new activities.

So, I'm going to try and do some of these; I will try to engage with my State and Federal representative more this year, and when I get back into the habit of walking I'll try and say 'Hello' as I pass people. Given there are a few great shops in this area, I'll try and regularly shop there.

No comments:

Post a Comment