Saturday, March 30, 2013

Amid the Flood - The Outliers

I have always been a fan of hymns. I remember when growing up loving to sing 'To God Be the Glory' and 'How Great Thou Art'.  If you wanted to clear expression of our faith, the hymns are a great place to start. I recall a tweet highlighting the fact we will remember more of what we sing at church  than what we hear from the pulpit. The best way to bring a heresy into the church would be to put it to a catchy tune and sing every it week.

One band that I have been listening to a bit of lately is 'The Outliers', made up of brother and sister - Luke and Myla Smith.  Amid the flood contains a number of hymns which powerfully testify that God has rescued us. It is quite a great collection containing the recent favourite 'Come Thou Font', 'My Hope is Built' and some, sadly, that I was not so familiar with like Martin Luther's 'A Mighty Fortress' and 'I am Thine O Lord'.

It is well worth a listen, such a refreshing reminder of God's grace to us.


No comments:

Post a Comment