Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Sport - Cricket team of the year

Following on from my post about the Cricinfo awards, I thought that I would write about my team of the year in Test Cricket. I'm less concerned about the other two formats :)

My team is below, and I think most of it picks itself.  The unlucky man for me is Josh Hazelwood. He for me was the pick of the Australian bowlers during the Test series against South Africa and Pakistan.

1.     David Warner (Australia)
2.     Alastair Cook (England) (captain)  
3.     Kane Williamson (New Zealand)
4.     Steve Smith (Australia)  
5.     Virat Kohli (India)
6.     Jonny Bairstow (England) (wicketkeeper)
7.     Ben Stokes (England)
8.     R. Ashwin (India)
9.     Rangana Herath (Sri Lanka)
10.    Mitchell Starc (Australia)
11.    Dale Steyn (South Africa)
--
12    Joe Root (England)

No comments:

Post a Comment