- Another win to the Swans this weekend. They have now won nine from their last ten and sit in the top eight. They'll need to keep winning to stay there, but its been an impressive run.
- Awesome performance from Dangerfield on the weekend, injured early in the game against Hawthorn, and came back on and kicked five goals. The game had a great finish, sad for Isaac Smith who for the second time had a chance on the siren to kick a goal to win the game for Hawthorn.
- So, seventeen rounds in, the joint favourites for me are GWS and Adelaide. GWS might just jump ahead when they get some of their key injured players back. Sydney will be the team no one wants to play should they make the finals, but they have to make the finals first. With games against Hawthorn, Geelong and Adelaide left, its by no means safe to assume they will make the finals.
- Perhaps not surprising by Queensland won this years State of Origin, making it ten of the last eleven. Seems to me NSW were just out of ideas. It was great to see Cameron Smith bring Jonathan Thurston up on stage. It won't be too long before Thurston is inducted into the Hall of Fame.
- Think the season is now over for the Warriors - they won't make the playoffs, especially with Johnson's season ending injury.
- Melbourne look like the team to beat this year.
- I'm glad for the bye rounds to be over, it certainly feels like a different competition during State of Origin.
- The regular season finished, and the Australian teams went 0-25 against New Zealand. There's at least one more match-up with the Brumbies hosting the Hurricanes in one of the finals. It is certainly one of the anomalies of Super Rugby that the Hurricanes are playing the Brumbies away. The other semi finals are : Crusaders v Highlanders; Lions v Sharks and Stormers v Chiefs.
- I suspect the Hurricanes, Crusaders, Lions and Chiefs will win the semi-finals. If the Lions win, then they will host the final (should they qualify).
- Perhaps the other anomaly is that the Lions made the final, without playing a New Zealand team
- It was great to see both of Arsenal's two Sydney games. Really impressed with the attendance (over 160,000 people attended the games) The gulf in class between the clubs was evident with Arsenal winning both; 2-0 (v Sydney FC) and 3-1 (v the Wanderers).
- I enjoyed the game against the Wanderers more - felt they played better than Sydney, and the atmosphere was certainly better, mostly due to the Wanderers fans who sang and chanted the whole way through the game.
- In terms of Arsenal I was impressed with Alexandre Lacazette. We do need to hold on to Alexis Sanchez. Shame he didn't make the trip over.
- Part of me was sad that Venus Williams didn't win the Ladies Final. It was a impressive run from her, but it was a super performance from Garbine Muguruza to win her second title. The final made her the only Women to beat both Serena and Venus Williams in Grand Slam Finals.
- Super impressive performance from Federer to win his 8th Wimbledon and 19th Grand Slam title. It was the second time he's won a Grand Slam tournament without dropping a set. To my mind, he is one of the greatest sportsman or women of all time.