Friday, April 06, 2007

"Worship" Music..

I was quite interested as Lara counted down her churches favourite songs. So I thought I'd take the time to list my favourites. Making the list was harder than I thought~! And it does change quite a bit. But as you'll see from my list, I quite like the hymns we sing at church. (Don't get me wrong I do like the other songs that we do sing, but we have been blessed with some great hymns).

~~~

5. Be Thou My Vision
4. May the Mind of Christ
3. How Deep the Father's Love for Us
2. And Can it Be

1. It is Well with My Soul

I think that it is the story behind this song that is so amazing. I really love the third verse:
My sin, oh the bliss
of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to His cross,
and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul
There are also a few good contemporary versions of this song (by Jars of Clay, Jennifer Knapp and Rebecca St. James)

No comments:

Post a Comment