Monday, May 29, 2017

Sport shorts - 28 May

NRL

  • Four games this weekend is too few. Can't complain about the results though, especially the Warriors. Though I was nervous at 16-0 and 22-10.
  • On Origin, people seem to be talking NSW up, I'm not so convinced yet. 

AFL

  • I didn't watch the Swans-Hawks, so I can't comment on that suffice to say we lost. We're still only two wins out of the eight, and three wins from 4th, so it is not time write off the season yet. 
  • Adelaide would have to be the favourite for the flag at the moment, I have them slightly ahead of the Giants. 

Super Rugby

  • The Hurricanes had another win, and are now sitting in fifth place 
  • In other news the British and Irish Lions tour of NZ starts next month. I'm pretty excited as I will be going to the Second Test in Wellington. 
Other

  • Glad I was wrong about the FA Cup. Congrats to Arsenal winners of the 2016/17 FA Cup. Still hopeful for a better performance in the league next season. I'm looking forward to seeing Arsenal play Sydney and WSW during their visit in July. 
  • After some thought I decided to support the Toronto BlueJays baseball team. The team is now four games below a .500 record (23-27), sure there's work to do but they've put some good performances together. They were 10-20 when I decided to support them, not that I'm making a link here ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment