Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Holiday Update #3

Dear all,

Grace be with you, I hope that you are blessed. Well, heading in the final weel of the trip, and its been quite a blast ...

I've enjoyed experiencing a variety of different cities, and landscapes... I have to admit I was quite taken by Scotland, the Highlands, and Edinburgh ... It was a beaut city,

The festival gave the city a vibrant life. I didn't get to much of the festival, but there were some great street buskers ...

I went to the Edinburgh Tatoo while I was there... It was quite a fun day ... I qued up in the morning for the tickets ... and it was the morning of the Bledisloe Cup game between Australia and New Zealand .. I was across the road from a Cafe that was showing the game live ... I could here the cheers and shouts, but couldn't work out who the cheers were for ... in the end, I got the tickets to the Tatoo, and also found out once I had got the tickets that it was New Zealand who had won ... as I went into the cafe with my All Blacks jumper on ... It was quite an experience ...

The tatoo was amazing too, I really love the sound of the Bagpipes, and it was amzaing hearing them play some classics I could recognise, and others ... there was some amazing drumming from the Swiss as well... if you get the chance to watch it .. on TV do :)

I was sad to leave Ediinburgh, but Ireland is beaut as well ... I've been out to the giants causeway today... which if you believe the legend was built by a Gant trying to get to Scotland, and if you believe the scientists was formed 40 000 years ago (or there abouts) by cooling lava .. Don't know about you, but I would rather believe the Irish Story :)

Anyway, I am going to explore Belfast tomorrow, then on Wednesday I head to Dublin. I'm looking forward to seeing Belfast, it is a beautiful city, the people are really warm and friendly ...

I hope all is well with you all ..

God Bless and keep you all,

Love,
Dunc -

No comments:

Post a Comment