Saturday, September 13, 2003

Teaching …

I wanted to take some time to comment on Rachel’s question, how I knew that God was telling me that teaching was not for me.

I think that I learnt through the experience, and through the comments that my colleagues made to me.

I learnt that God has made me, to be me. He gave me specific gifts, my personality, my strengths, and my weaknesses. Likewise, he has not given me other gifts, other abilities. He has determined my steps, God brought me to Australia, and He brought me to UNSW.

Having said that I don’t always know at the time, why God has brought particular circumstances to bear on my life. But I do know that in all things, God is changing me, to be more like Christ. (Romans 8:28, paraphrase).

Through the time I spent teaching I came to realise that I am quite a timid person, and the role I would need to play to teach a class of 32 students, who don’t always recognise that you are in the room, is one that would come at a great cost.

I do sometimes think that of going back into High School, and I think the motivation is mostly out of pride - the thought that I have failed - I trained for the job, and in less than a year, I’ve moved on. But nine days out of ten I would say that I did the right thing. I am a better person because of the experience, I definitely know myself a little better because of the experience, as God has used the experience to teach me.

++++++

In other news, Sydney's opponent for next weekends Preliminary Final will be the Brisbane Lions. In the NRL Canberra lost last night, and wait to see if the play next weekend. (If two of, Brisbane, Auckland and Newcastle win - Canberra's season is over. )

No comments:

Post a Comment