Friday, October 17, 2003

ABs

Today, I am heading down to Melbourne to watch the New Zealand All Blacks play Canada. While its true that Canada would have to do a Bradbury to win... It still should be a great spectacle.

It's also pretty amazing to read the Umaga, may be fit for the Quarter Finals. (most likely versus South Africa, or England).

The biggest game to date will be England v South Africa, to be played 10pm Satruday night AEST. This will pretty much determine if New Zealand plays England or South Africa in the quarters.

+++

In bible study last week we looked through Zephaniah 3. It has really struck me as I read Zephaniah how when the Bible speaks of God's judgement, it is tied into his love.

In showing wrath, God displays his love and mercy. This chapter also has what are my favourite verses (Zeph 3:17) (Ever since Karen showed it to me; thanks Karen!)

And, I want to post here the words of a Rebecca St. James song (incidently Karen also introduced me to her music), written from these verses.

Quiet You With My Love

Come to me, all who are weary
And I will give you rest
Come to me, all who are weary
And I will give you rest
Lay your head down
On my shoulders
Be Still My Child
rest a while.

I'll Quiet you with my Love
Rejoice over you with my song
I'll Quiet you with my Love
Rejoice over you with my song

Come to me all who are weary
And take My yoke upon you
Come to me all who are weary
My burden is easy and light
Lay your head down
On my shoulders
Be Still My Child
rest a while.

*Written by Rebeccc St. James and Matt Bronleewe
(c) 2002 Up In The Mix Music (BMI)

+++

The other news I have is that tomorrow morning, my sister is flying out of the country. She will be spending a year or thereabouts overseas, in the UK, and firstly Japan. Wishing you all the best for your trip, and praying that you'll stay safe. Take care LJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment