Thursday, January 08, 2004

2003 in Review

Some brief favourites from the year 2003.

Favourite Movie: Whale Rider.
The film is based on a book by Witi Ihimaera in which a young Maori girl Pai fights to fulfil her destiny in a small coastal Maori village as heir to the male line of chiefly descendants from the 1000-year-old Whale Rider, Paikea.

The story is just beautiful. The characters are beautifully constructed, and when I saw the film, I left the cinema uplifted. If you haven't seen it, I recommend you give it a try. (Here's AMS Review of the film)

Honourable mentions: Return of the King, and Finding Nemo.

Favourite CD: Hail to the Thief - Radiohead.

Radiohead, for me, are a band that continue to change, and grow. They haven't sought to produce an OK Computer (2) which is great. I'm looking forward to seeing them play in Sydney in April this year.

Honourable mentions: Switchfoot - The Beautiful Letdown; Jars of Clay - Who We Are Instead.

CD's I'm looking forward to in 2004
Norah Jones has a CD due out in February as does Rebecca St. James, and people keep telling me U2 will have a CD out too...

No comments:

Post a Comment