Tuesday, November 30, 2004

.. and friends are friends forever if the Lord's the Lord of them

It has been an emotional couple of days. One thing I've learnt from my time working in a University environment, it is the transient nature. Particularly seeing as I not only work there, but have also been spending going to church there.

This, like each November is quite hard. Once exams have finished, the students gradually leave the Uni heading back to their families. While a proportion will be coming back to finish their degree, another number move on, graduating from Uni and seeking to find work in their chosen feild, and settle down into a different church.

Over the past few Sundays its been time to say, our temporary goodbyes. Last night we had a farewell for J who is leaving to head home to Singapore. It has hard to hold in tension, the knowledge that in our Fathers House we will meet again, and that there is a break of relationship.

Each of the students of Unichurch have encouraged me no end, as they continue to strive to live Godly lives, and also highlighted my own fallenness and how far I have stumbled. I thank God for each of them, and will hold them in my heart, knowing that in God's plan we will be gathered together, and share eternity with our saviour, creator and Lord.

Yesterday afternoon was also an interesting experience, out of the blue, I had a call from one of the teachers at the school I was taught at in 2001. The then Year 9's had inquired if I was attending their formal. I do have to admit that I was touched by that, unfortunately, I'm not able to go.

My thoughts since have wondered back to that year, and the struggle that I had with teaching a number of them. I wonder what they are like now, I am sure that God has continued to work His will in their lives, and that they have developed into people the school and our community can be proud of.

++

Changing tack, following on from Joe's blog, I thought I'd list the CD's I've bought, listened to over November.

Interpol: Antics, Turn on the Bright Lights
Brooke Fraser: What to Do With Daylight
Wilco: A Ghost is Born
Powderfinger: These Days [Live]
R.E.M. – Reckoning, Reconstruction of the Fables, Lifes Rich Pageant
Air – Talkie Walkie
U2 - How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

+++

No comments:

Post a Comment