Friday, November 19, 2004

Its quiet now, and what it brings is everything…

So, it has been a while. An unexpected thing happened last week I turned 27.Well, not quite completely unexpected, as I have a birthday each and every year. But I have stopped and wondered where did the years since I started University disappear too?

It seems like just yesterday that I was finishing by Dip Ed, and living with my parents. Wow, I’m 27 now. I don’t feel old, that’s not really a part of it. It’s just time is continually disappearing faster than I can redeem it.

Another interesting reflection, my brother [Hola, Matt], mentioned to me that while he was in a [nameless] Christian bookshop they did not know who C.S. Lewis was. My brother gave them a little bit of help, too which the salesman commented he [C.S. Lewis] must be out of print. I mean, even the [other] bookstore at least knew he wrote The Chronicles of Narnia. This is Sad. Kids are growing up unaware of Narnia, with bookstore people unaware of C.S. Lewis.

The weekend ahead should be a blast, am heading into Sydney on and going to HMV’s midnight opening with fellow U2-Crazies to buy U2’s new CD. On Sunday I’ll be going to a colleague’s 30th Birthday party in Waverly, where we’re going to have a few games of Lawn Bowls. Will be fun…

No comments:

Post a Comment