Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The Catch-up post..

The calender has brought it to my attention I've not posted here, or anywhere really for a while. Apologies for this.

In summary since the last rumminations on this blog.

:: I've been spending a bit of time at my work's biennial conference. Despite feeling slightly busy, I was relieved that the conference went well. Only regret as always that I didn't get to more of it. There was an interesting forum on God and State (Which I intend to blog about soonish).

:: I've been intrigued by the number of articles about multiculturalism since the London bombing, expect a ramble on that shortly too.

:: I have just got back from Byron Bay (sans functional glasses), after attending Splendour in the Grass, with Joe, and G. Brief review: Of the lineup, the bands I saw the most of were, Athlete, Sarah Blasko, Decoder Ring, Beautiful Girls, Bloc Party, Interpol, Finn Brothers, and Moby. My favourite act was Interpol (brilliant tight set), followed closely by the Finn Brothers (crowd particpation was great) and Sarah Blasko (of which I hadn't heard much - but she was great to listen too).

The surprise of the weekend was Moby - I've not really heard much, but his set was great. (by that point we'd pretty much made it to about the third, fourth row, dead centre).

And while the music was great, spending a weekend with Joe, and G was especially great.

Anyway - I will also try to post more regularly here...

No comments:

Post a Comment