Saturday, December 03, 2005

A Sort of Homecoming

Well its hard to believe how fast the last four weeks has gone, and I am now home.

The trip in Brief:

  • It was beautiful, wonderful, delightful to be met by my sister at Dublin Airport, staying with here there, and travelling around the States with her.
  • London - "I've got a Shed that's bigger than this" - Loved seeing their Football, and The Woman in White. The biggest improver, quite liked it this time.
  • I loved Washington, it feels very much like a film set in my mind, vivid recollections of West Wing, and the 1960s entailed while I was walking around the City.
  • Miami, showed you the best and worse of America – poverty, riches, an enduring example of Rotisserie Evangelism and the classic tanning booth simply a block from the beach~!
  • New York, instantly amazing, frustrating, yet strangely appealing
  • Sigur Ros – a brilliant gig, in an amazing venue.
  • U2, with my expectations it was always a danger I’d be disappointed, but the band seldom disappoint, and with two amazing sets, didn’t this time either. (the full band cover of Instant Karma, case and point)

And the amazing surprise when I got back was that I will be having Christmas with ALL of my family together in Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment