Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Week that Was

Well here we are its the weekend again. This time last week I was at St. Andrews witnessing a few of my friends become deacons. May they in God's strength continue to hold fast to the Gospel of our Lord. (The sermon is available online here). Afterwards it was off to Centannial Park to see Bucksman. May God richly bless his marriage, (and wedding this time next weekend). I'm off to see R and K get married this afternoon which will be great.

Monday night we caught up with people from my bible-study group last year. It was great fun to catch up over dinner. I really enjoyed studying the bible with those guys last year. So thanks to you all~!

We are now back to Netball, this was our second week. It was great fun as always. Strangely though, we've had two forfeits in the two weeks we've been back.

That's about all the happenings of the last week. I am looking forward to meeting more people from Barneys at a pre-church dinner tomorrow.

Two interesting sport-related points.

:: Ul Haq (obstructing the field) ... 16
Only three batsmen have been dismissed this way.

:: During the one-dayer between Australia and Sri Lanka yesterday evening, five batsmen were run out, I can't help but wonder when the last time five Australian's were runout in one innings. (Aside: The fact that the game was won by Sri Lanka means we might have a competitive series)

Random Ten

Here's a blast from the past, I think I did a Random 10 this time last year, so here is a Random 10 tracks from my colletion.

1) There is a Redeemer - Michelle Tumes
Your Love Broke Through: The Worship Songs of Keith Green)

2) Miracle Drug - U2
Live - East Rutherford 5.15.05

3) The Lord is My Shepard - Charlie Hall and Joanne Hogg
Your Love Broke Through: The Worship Songs of Keith Green)

4) I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For//In A Litte While - U2
Live - Montreal 11.26.05

5) Party Girl - U2
Live - Boston Orpheum 5.6.83

6) Momentum - Aimee Mann
Magnolia (Original Soundtrack)

7) Amelia (Orchestral Version) - Joni Mitchell
Dreamland

8) Wake up - The Arcade Fire
Live - Montreal 11.26.05

9) I Will Follow - U2
Live Syracuse 10.9.87

10) Pride (In The Name of Love) - U2
Live 12.31.89

Note:
I guess this more or less accurate reflects my collection. Though it might also highlight how un-random shuffle can be as I ended up with two songs from the same Keith Green tribute CD. However is not really evidence that I have a diverse range of music tastes ;) The list contains 6 from U2, and 7 from U2 Concerts. I guess at least, of the 6 U2 songs, I have no duplicates and a bonus :)

No comments:

Post a Comment