Thursday, November 22, 2007

The choice is ours...

As I'm sure you are all aware, the Federal Election is on Saturday.

I have read a few pieces comparing each party's platform (from a 'Christian' perspective) and the links are below.

:: Australia votes [Australian Christian Lobby]

:: The Make Poverty History Report Card (This site focuses on issues relating to the Make Poverty History Campaign). [Thanks Byron].

:: Centre for an Ethical Society (about the CES)

:: Christian Values Checklist

+++

Personally of the above, I recommend the Australia Votes site, and the CES list above the Christian Values Checklist, simply because it compares the parties across a broader range of issues. There's a thread about the Christian Values Checklist worth a read here. I was intrigued that though the Green’s responded to the CES questionnaire they declined to respond to the one sent out by the ACL (see the ABC’s Religion Report transcripts of Nov 7 and Nov 14).

+++

This letter made me feel pretty sad; there's more here.

+++

I quite like the House of Reps calculator on the ABC Election site.

~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment