Friday, December 05, 2008

2008 -- Musically Speaking

Was thinking a little about the music this year. It's been a quieter year for me ... here's the CD's I've bought (released in 2008) this year:

Laura Marling (Alas I Cannot Swim), Conor Oberst (Conor Oberst), Martha Wainwright (I Know You're Married But I Have Feelings Too), Colm Mac Con Iomaire (The Hare's Corner), Lara Goudie (Out of the Depths), Sigur Ros (with a buzz in our ears we play endlessly), Andrew Osenga - Letters to the Editor II, Jon Foreman (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer - EPs).

And as per usual, live CD's are ineligible for my end-of-year-list - if they were, The Swell Season would be shoe-ins. (thanks to Played Last Night.Com, the site from which The Swell make recordings of their concerts available). The one omission which will be on the list is Coldplay's Viva La Vida, though I will try and buy that soon.

I am also moderately keen to listen to the most recent CDs from R.E.M., Tim Finn, Belle and Sebastian and the Fleet Foxes (though I'm not sure what they will be like). I'm also keen to hear R.E.M.'s re-issued Murmur (with a concert from 1983).

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about music this year as well. Its been a quiet one for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your comments Elsie .. :-) What would be your musical highlight of 2008?

    ReplyDelete