Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday morning shorts..

On Music 
For those like me who have been missing The Frames, here's a link to their recent set at the Electric Picnic in Ireland.

Belle and Sebestian have a new album out this week - Write about love - have a quick listen here. (Thanks NPR).

I listened to the new album by Hillsong (Beautiful Exchange) this week -- and really love this song "Like Incense/Sometimes by Step". Not just because Brooke Fraser Ligertwood sings on it, but it also features the Rich Mullins song - Sometimes by Step, which is just such a beautiful song.

On writing
I'm sure I've written about this before, but I feel like I need to pick up a pen, and write a letter ... Has anyone seen the collected emails or tweets of Jo or Joanne up for sale?

On "Noise and our communication age"
Here's an article by Kate Crawford (based at UNSW) on "listening to networks". She's part the way through a fascinating project looking at the uses of social media ... (listen to her talk about the project here). 

No comments:

Post a Comment