- Are St George the real deal - three pretty impressive wins sees them on top of the table along with the surprising Warriors. The Warriors have their first ever 3-0 start. I think its probably fair to say we stole it on the night, and equally fair to say that they would have lost that game last year.
- Surprised to see Parramatta winless - there is a long way to go but alarm bells are ringing.
- I know I've said this before, but here are a few changes I'd make to the Golden Point arrangement (if we have to have it)
- Each team gets one point for the draw, and the ultimate winner gets a second point.
- I'd make it ten minutes, but only a try ends the game. A penalty or field goal doesn't end the game just gets added to the score, and they play out the ten.
- Congrats to the Western Bulldogs, winners of the second Women's AFL Premiership. Disappointed to read that they're again thinking about tinkering the rules for the Women's Competition. To me, the standard of footy is great and they don't need to change the rules. I hope that the players are getting a say it this. It will be incredibly disappointing if they are not.
- Hard to read to much into round one, but it does look like it might be a long year for Collingwood, Fremantle and the Western Bulldogs.
- Luke Parker might just have kicked the goal of the year (in Round One), just a wonderful overhead scissor kick, and right when the team needed it. Nice to start the year off with a win.
- Awesome win by the Jaguares over the Lions, the Rebels return to the top of the Australian Conference. The Hurricanes had a good win over the Highlanders, though the Crusaders still head the NZ conference.
- I'll mention NZ's impressive win over England in the First Cricket test. Really impressive performance - Williamson scored his 18th Test Century (a New Zealand record), and Nicholls also made an excellent 145. The bowlers were also brilliant. Looking forward to the second test.
- Thanasi Kokkinakis had a very impressive win over Roger Federer in the First Round of the Miami Open.