Friday, July 18, 2003

Some Good News

I've got some good news to share with you all. It is such a great thing to be able to say that ...

As you all know, I applied for the position as Office Manager at the Social Policy Research Centre, well I was told that I did not get it. The whole experience however was good. I was told that my application was good, I have now had experience being interviewed by people I work with, which is a really strange experience.

I have always been under the impression that I was going to have to apply for my job immediately after I came back from my trip, so it was with great delight that I found out from my supervisor on Wednesday, that although I may not have got the Office Manager's position, and I didn't get my own job, I got the next best thing.. I have had my position's contract extended by 5 months ... Now, my contract will extend until December this year, at which point I do need to apply for the position. It is such a relief being able to leave the country knowing that I will have work when I get back from my trip :)

Incidently here's a brief layout of my trip.

July 28 - August 3: Washington
August 3 - August 4: New York
August 5 - August 11: England, (I will be heading out to the Community Sheild (Manchester Utd v Arsenal)
August 11 - August 17: Scotland
August 17- August 20: Belfast
August 20 - August 23: Dublin
August 24: Arrive back in Sydney.

It's kinda 'whistle-stop-esque', but it will be fun....

Anyway, I do hope to write reflections while I am away. I am still working on my reflections on the Christian and Government and hope to finish that before I leave... but we'll see, it does depend on how crazy it gets here before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment