Monday, October 04, 2004

What’s been happening

::Went to a CASE Seminar on the Election, and will post my reflections during the course of this week.

:: Played Netball as usual on Thursday, I played Centre, now that was a lot of work, and very tiring. I’m sure it would have been quite hilarious watching me [attempt to] play Centre.

:: On Saturday night went to Tim Freedman [of The Whitlims] for a friends Birthday. Have to admit that I am not that familiar with Tim’s music. It was quite a depressing gig. The lyrics were far more bleak than I remembered, and the band has also had a pretty sad time of it, two of the members committed suicide. The music itself was interesting, having an up-tempo song with a bright sound full of such distressing memories. I need to say it was great going to a pub, and not inhaling any lungfuls of Cigarette smoke.

:: I’m going to try my hand at a CD review. I bought R.E.M.’s Around the Sun, and Evermore’s Dreams. I’ll post a review of Around the Sun here soon. I was quite happy to hear that R.E.M. will be touring here in March next year. Along with U2 and Radiohead, R.E.M. is one band I’m heaps interested in seeing live.

:: Went to my old church again this weekend. Good to catch up with the gang, but am looking forward to being back at my Sydney church next weekend.

:: Next weekend, having an all-day-brekky with friends from Unichurch. Then going to a post-election party with workmates.

No comments:

Post a Comment