Sunday, September 18, 2005

... on the road to the Holy Grail ...

While out at dinner Friday night celebrating M's birthday, a message came through on my mobile phone, alerting me to the fact that the Sydney Swans had won their Preliminary Final and will play in the 2005 Premiership decider. It must be said after the nail-biting loss to West Coast, and the stolen game against Geelong, I did not expect the Swans to beat St. Kilda by 31 points. But win they did, and now they face of against West Coast next Saturday.

It is good for cricket that England won the Ashes, a lot of ink will be spilt over the team, so I'm not going to do that here. But I will say - the Ashes series was one of the two best series I've seen in recent years - the other series being the 2001 India v Australia series - featuring that incredible match in which Dravid and Laxman batted a full day.

Wil be back with a non-sport post shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment