Thursday, September 01, 2005

… these are a few of my favourite things …

[Via Deb]

Decided that I’d take the time to draw up a list of my three favourite things:

-1- Communication – specifically talking to, or with people – I love getting to know people and getting to know myself as I talk, listen and understand, the people God brings into my life.

-2- A Blank Page –There is something inspiring to me about a blank piece of paper – perhaps it’s a symbol to me of creativity, and possibility.

-3- Finally Music – whether it be listening to friends strum a guitar around me, or listening to music as I walk, work or wander. Its something that grabs my heart or mind.

Perhaps these are all linked to hearing or being heard, of all the senses I can’t help but think its my hearing that I’d miss the most. Because music grabs me, whether it’s the notes of Jupiter, or the words and images of Love is Blindness. It’s a blessing that we are able to experience another human being’s creativity.

While I was going into Sydney tonight I realised one thing I’d love to know as I travel was – what noise is traveling along the white, black or grey cords I see. What experience am I missing out of? What would I learn about those around me if I could hear these thoughts? Anyway will leave it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment