Friday, April 28, 2006

News in brief

I had a great Easter weekend, I spent most of it in Wollongong. It was quite lazy, the highlights were a day on the road to Berry, and Berrima. Getting out in the fresh air was really lovely. I spent Saturday with my brother and a couple of our friends playing War Craft. Monday visited the new Sea Cliff Bridge (pictured) on the road to Wollongong, which was great. Matt, Mel and I went and saw V for Vendetta, which I kind of liked.

Last weekend Fi and I went up to Newcastle for A's (Fi’s sister) graduation. We had a great time. It was interesting seeing how the University ran its graduation. The occasional address became a slight rant about the attention (or lack of it) the current Federal Government is paying to higher education (while I agreed with the sentiment, I do not think that a graduation should be made a political event).

The response on the other hand was quite fun and passionate, focusing our attention on how we approach our future. (I like the idea of having a response by one of the graduates, something that didn’t happen at my graduation). It was fantastic to spend some time with Fi’s family as well, getting to know them better. We spent Saturday out and about driving through the Hunter Valley visiting the vineyards, quite a beautiful drive too.

Monday night, we had a coffee and desert night for R. who was in our bible study group last year, and is returning to Scotland next month. It was great to get to know her(and her fiancé), while they were in our neck of the woods.

We're off to Wollongong tomorrow afternoon to celebrate my brother’s birthday.

Sport in Brief

My entries are rarely complete without some sport news... So here goes two quick pieces of news:

J. Gillespie 201 not out
; and

Arsenal defeated Villireal
to reach the Final of the Champions League, and will play Barcelona (who beat AC Milan) in one of the more promising finals for some time.

Photo: Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment