Sunday, June 18, 2006

Another Sunny Day..

Well it has been quite a lovely weekend. I have a lovely catch-up and chat with Guan yesterday, and I've spent most of this morning sleeping. It was a busy week though. Tuesday night, I went to the Enmore theatre with Deb, and we saw Belle and Sebastian. It was quite a great gig, the band were up to it, and seemed to be having a lot of fun on stage. At times though the gig didn't seem to flow and there were pauses as they seemed to decide what to play.

The band has a beautifully original songs, at times they remind me of Simon and Garfunkel. I don't have much of their music, I own The Boy with the Arab Strap and The Life Pursuit. They played most of my favourite songs, and others that I loved hearing for the first time.

Also Fi gets back on Wednesday morning (6am-ish), which I'm quite looking forward too. Fiona's paper went really well in Barcelona, and she has been enjoying sightseeing in Barcelona, and more recently London.

++

Sport Aside: The World Cup has been going for a week, Australia scored their first goal and won their first game. Well played. Will be interesting seeing how they go tonight against Brazil. As the cliche goes, on paper they don't have much of a chance, but football is not played on paper.

Still, Argentina are the most impressive team at present, their second goal against Serbia and Montenegro is close to the best goal I've seen - 29 straight passes, and finished beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment