Saturday, August 05, 2006

Been a long time..

Sorry, it does seem that activity on this blog has gone close a record low. So, let me quickly let you in on something. Fiona and I have set a date and will be getting married at St. Matthias Anglican Church Paddington on the the 2nd of December. In relation to the Wedding, the details are coming together quite nicely, and relatively stressfree.

Last night Fi and I went to a Music Appreciation night which Karen organised, the details are posted here, and we had a fun evening, and I was quite interested to hear more from some of the artists people chose.

Tonight it is off to the rain-soaked SCG to watch the Swans play the Bombers. It’s only the second game I’ve seen this year, I’m going with N. and my flatmates. It should be a good, even if a little cold and wet, night.

Another of the recent highlights was spending a weekend down in Canberra. I am actually beginning to think that I could quite easily live there – its close enough to Sydney to be able to go for the weekend, and at the same time the pace seems a touch or so slower than Sydney. The other highlight of our time there was the opportunity to catch up with Deb, and Fiona’s family and friends. It was quite a shame the weekend was as short as it was.

August will be quite a busy month for us – we have our church weekend away – we will hear a talks on leadership, which will be quite interesting. In a few weeks our church has a Search Conference, which will discuss our plans for our church. It should be quite an interesting meeting, and one that I am looking forward to.

Finally, I have to admit that I’m quite stoked that I will see U2 on my birthday with Fi and Lynley. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment