Saturday, September 01, 2007

So … its spring, time for a new post

It has been a while since I wrote an update; so I thought that I’d take some time to do let you know what’s been going on.
We began August with a lovely week in Noosa, which was so nice and relaxing. It was great to see parts of Australia that I hadn’t before, and we also had bits of time, to sit and read. We also had a lovely time in Melbourne, to celebrate Fi’s Grandparents 60th Wedding Anniversary.

The following week, we saw The Frames at the Metro. Is it just me, or do all of the best bands come from the UK or Ireland? I'll write more about the concert later.

The Network Weekend Away (Barney’s ‘workers’ ministry) was also in August. It provided me with quite a few challenges in how I think about work - for example, what does it mean to work in my job, as if I was working for the Lord.

Also on church, we now have a few conceptual designs for the ‘new-building’ for the Broadway site. My mind can’t help but wander the book of Haggai, as I think about our plans for a new building.

Since then, we’ve been to Springfield (that is we saw The Simpson’s Movie). Which I thought was funny (in parts), but not brilliant. I think I just felt that I had seen more memorable or better scripted episodes.

On the horizon is Silverfinger (Which I like better than Powderchair). We are quite looking forward to it too.

Anyway, might leave it here for now, but I do hope to post again soon. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment