Monday, April 28, 2008

Missing travelling … or home

I looked over the SMH’s travellers blog today, and the topic was on missing travel (what he calls road-sickness), and for it certainly rang true for me. There's just something about airports that I love, particularly the departure boards; they are also great places to people watch (the opening and closing montages from Love Actually are fantastic). I also like to go to a place like Coogee or Brighton and watch the planes land (thinking about stories the passengers have to tell).

But at the same time I’d imagine there’s something about the distance that hits you too while you are away; lives moving on, and the various e-communications that provides the outline without the detail, the story without the characters, which kind of enhance your desire to be around, here’s a post about home-sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment