Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday shorts...

:: I am quite intrigued by the 2020 summit being held this week, not by what will necessarily come out of it, but rather by the opportunity it presents to listen to each other, and hear ideas about the direction Australia should take.

:: We went and saw Billy Elliot yesterday. I thought that it was beautifully done, and it reminded me in some ways, of Brassed Off: another very real and human story from that period in Britain.

:: I caught this piece from my Google-Reader, the premise is simple - turn off the technology for one day a week, (as the article says - ironically its blogged on here). Might be worth giving a go~!

~~~~

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:13 pm

    There is something interesting going on, in stories like that - the way music or dance or some other creative/narrative practice can hold together when everything else is falling apart. I'm reading Oliver Sacks' "The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat" and he points out a number of instances where, for individuals, music or theatre did something similar.

    ReplyDelete