Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Influences..

I enjoyed reading this post by [What's with today?], and while my Facebook page has the Album's which have lived in my CD player, I thought that I would list the 5 books which have been my favourites or the most influential to me. I excluded the Bible because it is the light by which I see everything else.

1] Knowing God [J.I. Packer]
It is a great book about the character of God, there is a lot in it, but its well worth the read.

2] The Little Prince [Antoine de Saint-Exupery]
One of the books I reread every so often, I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but I just love the story.

3] Les Miserables [Victor Hugo]
I encountered the story, in the musical before I read the book - but I deeply love the characters and the them of mercy and redemption which run throughout the book.

4] Ender's Game [Orson Scott Card]
I really love the series, and can just reread it.

5] The Sum of All Fears [Tom Clancy]
While its not a book I can read every year (It a book I can just pick up, and read) When i read it I thought it was almost too plausible.. Though if I want to pick a book that was trashed by Hollywood, this would be one of the first I'd pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment