Thursday, January 06, 2011

more on the books (and the cricket)

A few other books I left off yesterday, fittingly for summer I read The Last Summer (which as a book about the 2009 Cricket season, also reflection on the changes in the game - mostly around 'hit and giggle', I've also got Michael Chugg (the concert promoter's autobiography, and yesterday I added Richard Glover's Why Men are
Necessary to the list.

Briefly, on the cricket, I have said this before, but I would like to receive the technology out of the game, leave the decisions to those on the field. Yes some days the wrong decision will be made, but we're not seeing many howlers overturned when the players review them.

Also, I think the South Africa-India series is showing how good Jacques Kallis, Sachin Tendulker, and Dale Steyn really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment