- Disordered World: Setting a course for the Twenty First Century - Amin Maalouf
- The Snow Child - Eowyn Ivey (Probably my favourite novel of the year).
- A Love Letter from a Stray Moon - Jay Griffiths - thanks to Rose Powell. A pleasure to read.
- The Hunger Games - Trilogy - Suzanne Collins - quite an easy & fun read. Haven't seen the film yet, but the book was a good read.
- March Was Made of Yarn: Writers Respond to Japan's Earthquake and Tsunami - Various - A collection of stories inspired by the Tsunami in Japan (March 2010).
- Lives Other Than My Own - Emmanuel Carrere
- On Writing - Stephen King - great look at how Stephen King approached writing, and there is some great advice for writing here too.
- Think - Lisa Bloom - A book specifically for women - but the focus is on getting people to start to 'think' for themselves'
On the go now:
Why TV is Good for Kids - Catharine Lumby & Duncan Fine
Provides a balanced look at the impact TV has, and the moral panic and comes with all of the latest technology.
Never a Gentleman's Game - Malcolm Knox - highlighting the early history of cricket (and how some things have not changed)
Every Good Endeavor - Tim Keller. - On the place of work in the Christian life.