Monday, March 17, 2014

Weekend football recap.

Seeing the Suns & Giants win is great for the game. I'm not surprised to see the Giants get the better of the Swans.  Factor "little brother", "round one" and first week at "Fort Giant", it was the perfect setting for the upset.  Give Franklin a chance too, he might need a few more games to gel into the Swans.

Fremantle, last year it was their attack that gave their coach a headache, 11 goal kickers & 19 goals on Friday, and its easier to imagine the Dockers going one better this year. Time will tell whether the actual story should be about Collingwood's decline.

It has the feel of being a more even season than last year.  Would not be surprised if the Sun's made the eight, giving the lists the Giants and Suns now have, I suspect we'll see them climb the table.

I'm still backing the Swans to make the top 4, and I think the Giants won't win the wooden spoon. In terms of premiers - my heart says Sydney, but I suspect Fremantle will.

On the NRL - sadly - Warriors are now 0-2.  Not the start I was hoping for, but they are such an unpredictable side, and still hoping they come good.

At least the Hurricane's won :)




No comments:

Post a Comment