Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Sport shorts - 13 August

AFL

  • Sydney has their biggest win of the season - a 104 point win over Fremantle.  I'm looking forward to this Fridays game against Adelaide (who are currently top of the table.
  • The other big tests during the weekend were Melbourne who played St Kilda and Richmond tackling Geelong. Melbourne and Geelong were the winners, I still think Richmond are a dark horse to win the tournament but I am fairly convinced the Grand Final winner will be one of GWS, Adelaide or Sydney.
  • I'm not a fan of the momentum sapping bye. I would rather take my chances with team selections. 
NRL

  • I think the Grand Final winner will come from Melbourne and Brisbane.  They seem to be the most consistent and the best at winning ugly.  The Roosters might be the dark horse. 
  • Congrats to Newcastle, winning their third game in a row. 
  • At the foot of the eight - North Queensland looks the most vulnerable. 
Bledisloe Cup
  • As always I'm looking forward to the Bledisloe Cup.  I'm as nervous as hell so we'll see how they go. 
EPL

  • The English Premier League started this weekend.  Arsenal did something they haven't done for years, and won their first game of the season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment