- The second round has begun wth France and Uruguay knocking out Messi’s Argentina and Ronaldo’s Portugal and will meet in the first Quarter Final. I’m predicting Spain, Croatia, Mexico, Belgium, Switzerland and Colombia to win their respective round of 16 clashes.
- I read that during this tournament something like 20plus goals have come after the 80th minute.
- Another fascinating round of matches, with a couple surprise results. Didn’t expect the Bulldogs, Saints and Lions to beat there respective opponents.
- Looks like the Giants are making a charge with a good win against Hawthorn. They are back in the eight for the first time since Round 7.
- With the weekend’s results the order changed. Collingwood on the back of 6 consecutive wins now sit in th top four.
- Melbourne and Geelong are the big losers from on the weekend, with th both now unlikely to finish in the top four.
- Sydney’s life doesn’t get easier with a home game against Geelong on Thursday.
- The moment of the weekend for me was when the whole Richmond team went and stood around their injured player who was playing their 100th game.
- Feel the top eight is now sorted. The order may change, but not much else. It looks likely that the top four will be Dragona, Rabbits, Storm and Roosters. Would also expect the premiers to come from that group.
- Warriors may have had a costly home loss against the Sharks. We just weren’t good enough.
- It looks like the Waratahs have sealed the Australian conference with a win against the Rebels.With the Brumbies win against the Hurricanes, I would say the Crusaders will win the NZ conference, and I also have to see they are my pick for the winner.