- It’s been a really great tournament. With so many surprises. Still hoping for Belgium to win, but really will be happy with any of the remaining teams lifting the trophy. Seems highly likely Kane will win the Golden boot, though he did have a quiet game against Sweden.
- Amazing that Brazil have been eliminated in the quarter-finals in three of the last four world cups.
- Pretty quiet weekend, with only four games. Was sad that the Warriors saved one of their worst games for their TV game. Really great to see the young players for the Panthers play well. In some ways it makes the argument for split rounds with Origin players out, letting the young players get some game time .
- Hard to hear the Warriors who usually benefit during Origin season complaining about the impact of representative round when they usually benefit during Origin time.
- The game of the round was the eighty point thriller between Melbourne and St George, and Canberra’s escape against the Bulldogs.
- Glad that we’re back to full rounds...
- Think that Richmond are firming in odds to back to back. They had another good win, this time against Adelaide.
- The Swans slip out of the top four, albeit on percentage. On the game against Geelong, certainly was highlighted that we need to be more efficient with our ball use, our 46 inside 50s gave us 13 scoring shots, there 59 gave them 31 scoring shots. Accuracy may have been the only thing we were better on the night.
- Thanks for the memories Cyril Rioli. An awesome player who will be missed.
- Feel the top eight is almost set. I’d give North Melbourne and GWS an outside chances to sneak in.
- The Waratahs big win (77-25) most likely secures top spot in the Australian Conference. I think the Crusaders are firming in their odds to go back to back.
- Really interesting tournament, 9 of the top ten female players are out. Maybe the draw has opened up for Serena Williams.
- Other ordinary tournament for the Aussies with none left after the middle weekend.
- Read a really interesting article via the ABC saying that the player with the best record at Wimbledon is Martina Navratilova, Federer is closing having won 92 matches to her 114, Federer is the only male in the top five. The other players, Chris Evert, Serena Williams and Venus Williams.
Congrats to Laura Geitz who has retired from International Netball, two time world champion and one of the best defenders in the game.
- Have to mention the English ad about domestic violence which highlights that when the English play Football incidents of domestic violence increase whether the team win or lose. Before we get to critical, research released during the State of Origin series this year highlighted the same trend, and I know the same is true whenever the All Blacks play.