Sunday, June 13, 2004

A Blog Birthday ..

Hard to believe, but Drawn from Still Water has now been around for one year. Hopefully the well won’t run dry.

Bad analogies aside, I thought I’d take the time to do a little bit of reflecting. Over the last 12 months, I’ve seen parts of the World I’d never been to before, I’ve written much about children in detention, written a fair bit on sport too, and recently I’ve added film and book reviews to that.

Over the last 12 months, and I’ve recently posted about this too, I’ve changed a little, and am not really as clear on what I actually want to do. There’s the possibility of doing a Masters at UNSW, and also looking into Moore College (Maybe for 2006).

What does the next year have in store? God-willing more surprising opportunities to serve God, more struggles and trials, a deepening understanding of who God has made me to be, and what His will is. The more I think about it, I realise that on one level His will is simple – Be Holy, Love and serve God only; and the other details will take care of themselves, career, whether or not I’ll be married, whether or not I’ll be a father, all that, is secondary to being a Godly son, brother, employee, church member.

No comments:

Post a Comment