Tuesday, June 29, 2004

... A trek down to Wollongong ...

Great weekend! Quickly running through the footy, another win to the Sydney Swans, in a terrifically close and tense match, in which the lead change 15 times, it finished 85-79. Kennelly, and O'Loughlin kicked back to back goals late in the fourth quarter to hold off the Magpies.
Sunday, was a nice quite day, and then church. We are back in the Old Testament looking at Amos now. Back to Monday, after work, caught the train down to Wollongong and went and caught up with Ben and Karen with my brother which was great.

It was a quick trip with many highlights, including dinner with Karen and Ben, the sunrise as I caught the train to work, and finally listening to Simon and Garfunkel's Katy’s Song.

Along with general catching up, conversations about movies, we also talked about CD’s, and we got on to the top 10 CD’s we own. In my list, I’m going to limit to 1 CD / Artist, no Greatest Hits, and Soundtracks. The other two disclaimers are firstly, draw nothing from the order, and the list is subject to change.

So here we go…

Pink Floyd – Wish You Were Here
‘and did they get you to trade, your heroes for ghosts’ / ‘We’re just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl year after and year, … what have we found, the same old fears' [Wish You Were Here]

The Sundays – static and silence
‘now I’m staring from a train / and all the trees roll back beside but I’m so oblivious / to the dark, to the light, its all the same’ [Cry]
‘as the night falls I hear voices on the radio, I’ll follow their dreams / and wake up alone [Homeward]


The Normals – Coming to Life
‘we can’t wait to move on drop these ragged bones and step into life’ [Every Moment]
‘we have asked to see your face, and noticed nothing but a well-timed honest smile from a friend’ [We are the beggers..]


Clear
‘Through a cradle of rest You've quietly brought me. I'm surrounded by mercy. As Your love unfolds, it makes me whole. I'll follow Your promise as my will gets lost deep within Your arms, and I see way beyond this broken life, way beyond the fall. In Your eyes I found a peace that carries me on and it's brought me to the Truth. This is what Your grace can do. ’ [What Your Grace Can Do]

Jeff Buckley –Grace
'This is our last goodbye I hate to feel the love between us die But it's over Just hear this and then i'll go You gave me more to live for More than you'll ever know' [Last Goodbye]

U2 – Pop
‘take this tangle of this conversation and turn it into your own prayer’ [Do You Feel Loved]
‘where is the hope and the faith and the love’
‘… and the cartoon network turns into the news’ [If God Will Send His Angels]
‘sunlight, sunlight fills my room, its sharp and its clear but nothing at all like the moon’ [If You Wear that Velvet Dress]
‘love is hard and love is tough but love is not what your thinking off’ [Please]


Radiohead – OK Computer
‘aliens hover making home movies for all the folks back home of all these weird creatures who lock up their spirits, drill holes in themselves and live for their secrets, I'd tell all my friends but they'd never believe me ... I’d show them the stars and the meaning of life, but they’d shut me away’ [Subterrean Homesick Alien]

Jars of Clay – The Eleventh Hour
'Shed your heart and your breath and your pain and fly… Now your alive' [Fly]
'Can’t feel the breath for the wind .. I get so used to these shadows / Will you chase away these shadows when you come back again' [The Edge of the Water]

Nichole Nordemann – Woven and Spun
'Give the rocks and the stones voices of their own if we forget to sing praises to our King' [My Offering]

Daniel Lanois - Shine
Every life that has no end / Every knee not ready to bend / Is falling, falling at your feet Have come crawling, falling at your feet ...
in whom shall I trust / and how might I be still / teach me to surrender / not my will, thy will ... [Falling at Your Feet]

No comments:

Post a Comment