Wednesday, June 02, 2004

...You want to go home and rethink your life...

[A slightly relevant, but deeply humerous quote from, an otherwise flat [lame] film]

As an undergraduate student I did a BA degree, majoring in Psychology, and History. Haven't done much with either really since, outside of 6 months teaching high school kids History. But one of the more memorable experiences I had while I was doing my history major was a subject called Theory and Method of History, or something similar. For a component of the course I needed to write a thesis proposal. In short, my proposal was written on 'The [Decline] of the Church'. In brief to look at the nature of this "decline", or is the decline an illusion of statistics and perhaps more fundamentally – what factors can be examined as components of the cause.

Since then, it has more or less been in the back of my mind. I've fleshed out the issues a little more, thought a little bit more about methodology. But I would be keen to hear what some of you thought about the proposal. Seeing as I don't really want to force everyone to read it, I am going to offer to send the document to anyone who is interested, and I would value whatever feedback you were willing, or able to offer. [Please email me at zeph318[at]hotmail[dot]com, if you'd be willing to read it, and offer feedback].

I've sort of been toying with the idea of doing this while at Moore College, or more recently, thinking about seeking to do this as a Masters Study at UNSW (where I currently work). Though I don't really know when I'd do it, I do know that it is something that I would love to spend time thinking through, and writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment