Thursday, February 10, 2005

At Work …

So, as I said I’d give work a separate post. It’s been a pretty busy start to the year. Work has been fairly hectic and am feeling a little swamped at the moment.

The SPRC where I work has undergone a little bit of staffing changes over the last few months, the acting business manager left, and the Office Manager resigned late last year. Recently we employed an acting Business Manager until our Business Manager returns from maternity leave.

But now, as the longest serving Admin person, all of the questions, and queries, come to me, which would be ok, if I actually knew anything to help. Its frustrating for him, and frustrating for me, as I am finding it hard to do my own job, but at the same time, I’m doing what needs to be done, and I guess that’s were the guilt comes in. The guilt also comes in as I feel frustrated that I’m getting asked the same questions after having already answered them, and in feeling that I’m not sure that I’m doing as much of my job as expected. A lot of the questions are process questions, and about parts of the process that I just don’t know.

Though late last week, we were doing a tender, and the acting business manager didn’t show up… which meant a lot of that work fell to me, and I got further behind on the other stuff I am paid to do. And we sent off another tender on Monday as well, which I was concerned about over the weekend.

So, I guess I just feel quite overwhelmed with the whole situation, but it is not really that bad I guess. Still, I don’t think I should feel guilty. I mean if its not my work, its not my area – even though I’ve been there as long as I have, if it doesn’t cross my desk, then I won’t know. But that doesn’t stop me from wishing I could be more helpful.

Ah well, that’s just the way it is for now.

On other fronts, I went to Community Bible Church for the first time, which was quite good. I knew a larger number of people who where attending there; the preaching was pretty much what I’m used to. I’ll keep you all posted about how it is going. Am also thinking about visiting Randwick Presbyterian and St Martins, to se what they are like. Seeing as I’m possibly only going to be there for a year (if I do enroll, and get into college).

Last night, I started going to the Graduate Bible Fellowship, and whatever happens with church I’m thinking it will be neat to keep going there. It’s a great group of people, and it will be heaps encouraging and challenging as we look into Paul’s letter to the Galatians.

And as for the rest of the week, not a lot happening, might head to Summer Fellowship tomorrow night, and for a BBQ at Stanwell on Saturday, and Wollongong for church on Sunday night as my brother is preaching again.

No comments:

Post a Comment