Thursday, February 24, 2005

A Shopping expedition

I went shopping after work tonight, mainly to buy presents from the staff for staff who are leaving. While I was having dinner, I saw this really awesome shirt. On it was written:
Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself. Ralph Waldo Emerson
I loved it!

While shopping I've found myself more books to read. There is a new book by Marion Maddox [God Under Howard: The Rise of the Religious Right in Australian Politics], which talks about the role of religion in Australian politics, particularly under Howard. Expect further thoughs from that. It was interesting in the last election how religion played a role similar to in American politics. With Howard, Costello, and Rudd we are seeing greater dialogue between the church members and the state. We are seeing more Christians speaking out, and this is worth a closer look. I also bought A Guide For Grown Ups: Essential Wisdom from the Collected Works of Antoine de Saint Exupery (the author of The Little Prince).
+++
It is always in the midst, in the epicentre, of your troubles that you find serenity
+++

No comments:

Post a Comment