Monday, February 21, 2005

Weekend fun ...

The weekend before last I went with Deborah and looked at the Lord of the Ring Exhibition at the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney, and met Ben and Lorien for dinner afterward. It was great to spend time with them.

Sunday, I went back to Wollongong to hear my brother preach. . Tuesday night I went back down to Wollongong to watch Les Miserables. (Inicidently, this will serve as a reminder, that October 8th 2005 is the Twentieth Anniversary of the premiere of the production). While I treasure the musical and the novel, I must say the musical was a touch dissappointing, I enjoyed hearing friends sing a few of the roles that mean alot to me.

Went to Bible Study on Wednesday night with some fellow graduates, we are looking at Galatians. Am in a bible study with Guan and Joe, and a few people from the netball team, which is great, I am really looking forward to spending more time being sharpened and encouraged by each of them as we study God’s word together.

Looking back, over the weekend I went the mountains to spend some time with a “few” other Godly men at MKC. It was great to spend time hearing great bible teaching, and particularly what it means to be a “man of God”. After my last post, found it refreshing that we had Vaughan Roberts, Sam Chan, and John Chapman, speaking to us on how we should look at “Work” as Christians. More thoughts to come from the convention.

The agenda for the next few weeks: I am going to Eskimo Joe [Feb 25]; Switchfoot [March 1], R.E.M. [March 31], maybe The Frames [March 30], and The Cat Empire [April 22].

If anyone’s interested in seeing The Frames, [Unfortunately it is a Wednesday night], or the second R.E.M. gig [Friday]. Let me know.

The Frames are kind of folk-rock-esque, if that means anything … maybe even an Irish type Radiohead? Apparently they got voted as the best live Irish Act. [Dethroning that small indie Irish band called U2, who’d won the previous twelve years].

This weekend was my third Sunday at Community Bible Church. Am feeling a touch better about it. I am getting to know the group a litte better, which is good.

Found this too, from one of Michael Leunig books, well worth a look.

God help us
If our world should grow dark
And there is no way of seeing or knowing
Grant us courage and trust
To touch and be touched
To find our way onwards
By feeling.
Amen

[When I talk to You – Michael Leunig]

No comments:

Post a Comment