Saturday, March 26, 2005

Elsie’s Music Challenge …

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451. Which album are you going to be?
By this I guess you are asking about the perfect album or the most political? Ok I guess I’d roll up as U2s “War”.

Have you ever had a crush on a musician/pop star?
Not really.

The last album you bought was...
Quite probably the soundtrack of The Village, and if singles count, I recently brought U2’s single Sometimes You Can’t Make it on Your Own [DVD]. Which has a great version of the song, recorded live at the bands Hanover Quay studio (Which unlike I mentioned to Joe, is a different version of the song).

I also bought: Portishead – Dummy; Wilco – Summerteeth; and The Flaming Lips – Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots

The last album you listened to was...
Dire Straits – Sultans of Swing [Brothers in Arms]

What are you currently listening to?
Arcade Fire – Funeral.

Five ablums you would take to a desert island...
I’m going to make this tougher, by saying no to Greatest Hit CDs.

(1) Radiohead – OK Computer
(2) R.E.M. – Life’s Rich Pageant
(3) U2 – Pop
(4) Nichole Nordemann – Woven and Spun
(5) The Normals – Coming to Life

What is the next album you would procure, had you the choice?
Hm, though. I would perhaps lean toward – Arcade Fire – Funeral. If only so I can get my copy of Turn on The Bright Lights which G’s pretty well taken hostage. ;)

Which musician/singer would you most like to spend the day with and why?
A couple would stand out for me. Bono, partly because I think he is far more articulate than I think most give him credit for. He is a real astute and aware person. Michael Stipe would be another great one – if only to ask what on earth he is talking about in It’s the World as We Know It [And I feel Fine]. For a completely different reason, I would not mind spending time with perhaps either Rebecca St James, or Nichole Nordemann. Both of these seem to be very strong, and humble Christians.

Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?
Guan, Joe, and Haoran. Because they are largely to credit (or blame ;)) for my music tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment