Saturday, March 26, 2005

Have I Been Awake –It’s Almost April.

Good news on the work front. One of my colleagues returns from maternity leave on Tuesday. I have to say that its great to have her back. And this perhaps will make this week a slightly tougher one as she settles back in … but perhaps there is light, at the end of the tunnel.

Along with work there’s bunches of other excitement this week.

Wednesday night
Bible Study. With B, as our intrepid guide [and the Grandmaster of Choc-Chip Cookies] we will continue our intriguing journey through Paul’s letter to the church in Galatia.

Thursday and Friday:
I’ll be going to see one of my favourite bands of all time R.E.M.; and with Bright Eyes playing support it is even better. I’m Wide Awake Its Morning is a brilliant CD, and would be a shoe-in for album of the year to date. I’m going to the Thursday night concert on my own, and the Friday gig with J. (a school friend), and F. (from my bible study).

Over the weekend, it’s a party; celebrating my Dad’s sixtieth birthday with family, and friends in Wollongong which will be great.

This weekend has been great to catch up on some films that I’ve missed here are some comments in brief.

Big Fish: Quite a good film, about stories, story-telling. Seemed slow in parts, but all things considered worth a go.

The Day After Tomorrow: Not sure about the science, but a typically special effects driven, “light” plot Hollywood film. Did anyone think that the Ice shelf sequence at the beginning just screamed CGI? (The camera work for this sequence was great).

Shrek 2: Puss in Boots [Antonio Banderas], and Far Far Away Idol, alone almost makes the DVD worthwhile. Not sure how many will agree here, but this is better than the original.

Miss Congenitally Two: I feared that this would be the typical sequel. It had a few groan moments, and a few good moments, overall, not too bad.

The Italian Job: Quite a fun heist film, it isn’t really the type of film I’m usually in for, but found this more appealing than Oceans 11, or Oceans 12, and an easy view.

The Bourne Identity: I did read the book when I was 14, so I’m not quite able to compare the book with the film. Much better that the original movie which I found long, boring, and tedious. (cf over 2.5 hrs, with 106 minutes).

The “to see” list:
[Movie]: Enduring Love / Hotel Rwanda / Being Julia / My House in Umbria

No comments:

Post a Comment